Thursday 20 March 2014

My Best and Worst Drugstore Nail Varnishes

Hello!

I was debating on whether or not to post as I didn't know if I would have time to write anything today but then I realized I couldn't just not blog.

I have 3 best's and 3 worst's. Links to products are at the end.





Best's
They are not in any particular order.


Barry M Nail Paint Magnetic - magnetic blue
I do really like this nail varnish and its quite a deep shade of blue and when used with the magnet the result is a beautiful pattern. The only problem I have with this product is the magnet its self. It got totally covered in nail varnish so I wiped it off with nail varnish remover and it broke the magnet so now no pattern comes through. So if you have this nail polish or you are thinking about buying it, don't make the same mistake I did.


O.P.I Nail Lacquer - Super bass shatter
I absolutely love this colour. Its a deep purple with a slight glitter/shimmer to it. It's the only O.P.I product I own. With it being a shatter I normaly paint my nails white then apply this to make my nails really stand out.


MUA (Makeup Academy) Fur Effect Nails - Fluffy Bobbin
All though this isn't technically a nail varnish its still for your nails so I thought I would add this to my list. It's quite easy to use. You just need to apply one or two coats of nail varnish. Press your wet nail into the fur then wait for it to dry and brush off any excess.

Worst 


Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours
What can I say about this? It doesn't even have a shade name, it just says 320. I have nothing against Miss Sporty as I own several of their products and they are good quality but this nail polish isn't. It's runny and I dislike the shade, but it might come in handy one day so I'm not going to throw it out.


CR Cairuo- Blueberry
I think it might just be me and blue colours but there's somethings I don't like about this one too. It's too runny and you need to apply 3 coats for a decent coverage then it looks streaky... and it chips a lot too.


MUA Nail Constellation - Leo
When I saw this nail product being advertised I just had to pick it up. Leo is my birth sign so it was a must that I had to get that specific one. I thought 'Oh I am so going to wear this all the time'. Have I? Nope. I've only wore it 3 times maximum. I applied it to wet nails, patted down and applied a clear coat  over the top too secure it and after an hour all the beads had disappeared from my nails! Not recommended.

Links:
O.P.I Nail Lacquer - The only place online I saw this was on the O.P.I website but I bought mine on a makeup stall for £3!
Miss Sporty - So according to the website the shade is called Pop Fiction
CR Caiuro - I bought this for around £2 at Bodycare

I hope you enjoyed reading this! Comment what your best and worsts are, I'd love to know :)

P.s I apologize for how bad the photos are. I didn't realize the background was 'dirty' until I uploaded them to my laptop.
Follow me on Twitter: Lipstickbblog
LipstickandMascaras
Katie
xx

4 comments:

  1. I agree that the Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours are terrible. I've a purple one and it is so watery and streaky.
    My favourite drugstore polishes at the moment are MUA in shade Frozen Yoghurt and the Miss Sporty Metal Flip polishes (much better than the Clubbing Colours).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours.I haven't tried any of the MUA Nail Polishes. Only the Effects ones so I think I'm going to look for the Frozen Yoghurt one :)

      Delete
  2. I really like the sound of O.P.I nail polishes I'm definitely going to have to try them! I love Barry M too

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend trying O.P.I out. I love the one nail polish I own from there but I'm not sure what the others are like x

      Delete