Thursday 31 March 2016

Makeup Revolution Mermaids VS Unicorns Palette

I think everyone reading my blog is probably sick of me posting about Makeup Revolution but it's such a huge brand at the moment that I can't resist.

I've had this palette for a few months now, as soon as it was released on their website I purchased it because who doesn't love mermaids and unicorns? I also love bright colours so this palette was perfect for me. 



This palette is the Makeup Revolution Redemption - Mermaids VS Unicorns Eyeshadow Palette retailing at £6 with 12 shades. That's only 50p per shadow! As you can see there's some greens, blues, purples and a few dark shades. I love experimenting with different colour eyeshadows but I'm never brave enough to actually go outside wearing bright colours so I did a smokey eye using this palette. 


I have labelled the colours I used above. First I used sellotape to get a sharp edge.  I started by using number 4 on my crease as I love having a darker shade in the crease and my eyelid being brighter. 

Once I had blended this out I used number 1 in the very inner part of my eyelid. Number 2 went into the middle part of my eyelid and 3 onto the outer corner. I blended this all together so it didn't look like a mess (lol). 

Then on the very edge of my eyelid I applied number 5 which is a dark colour and helped to build my smokey eye.  Once blended out it looked perfect although I may have ruined it trying to apply liquid eyeliner but you can't tell, right? 

I finished the look of by applying False Eyelashes and that is how I achieved this blue smokey eye look. 



Let me know if you enjoyed this post as I don't know if I should do more like this :)

Thanks for reading :)
*This post is not sponsored*

Lipstickandmascaras
Katie
Xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I love the name of the pallette and the colours... and your eyes look awesome!

    Http://insertmyblognamehere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried a few makeup revolution palettes and I love them!

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makeup Revolution are by far one of my favourite drugstore brands X

      Katie

      Delete