Friday 11 March 2016

Colour Freedom Metallic Glory - Silver Grey - Review

Silver/Grey hair seems to be this years latest hair trend. It's such a beautiful colour, all the different shades of grey you can achieve is amazing. Seeing as I have been nearly hair colour apart from Grey I decided to jump on the band wagon and go on a journey to Grey hair.



I'm not going to lie and say it's been a easy journey as it hasn't. I started out with dyed black hair what had faded to a dark brown after 2 washes. Getting my hair back to blonde was the hardest part, even though it was all bleached under the black dye. I defiantly don't suggest doing what I did, stripping the hair colour and bleaching 3 times in the space of 5 days is never good for anyone's hair. 


The brand I decided to use to get my hair Grey was Knight & Wilson - Colour Freedom in the Metallic Glory range and the shade I used was Silver Grey. I think Colour Freedom has only recently been available in the past 1-2 years and as far as I'm aware the only store what sells it is Superdrug. 

Colour Freedom also sell a huge range of different colours, such as blue, pink, purple etc. The vivid colours are all semi permanent.  The Metallic Glory range had different shades of grey from Silver Blonde to Metallic Black. 


It comes packaged like any other hair dye does. You get the Cream Developer (2%), Colourant, After Colour Conditioner, Gloves and the Instruction Leaflet. I'm sure you all know how to mix a hair dye and how to apply it, it's pretty simple. 

I found one box was enough for my hair as its pretty short (just past my shoulders)  and not too thick. 

Now, you should know that a few days prior to this I had used another Colour from this brand but as it was semi permanent it had started to wash out and as I had watered that dye down with conditioner it was not as vivid as I wanted it to be which is why I used this one. Hence the silver toners already in my hair. 



The two pictures above are the before shots. As you can see there is a little bit of a silver hue in my hair but it is mostly blonde. The second picture is taken with flash. 

The two pictures below are the After shots. I'm so happy with the results, it's such a vivid grey which is what I was looking for. Again the first picture is taken with flash and the second picture is taken in natural lighting so you can see the true shade.
  


Overall I am impressed with the results and I will defiantly be re purchasing this hair dye when I need to top my roots up. This is by far the best Grey hair dye I have found what is sold in the UK. Normally they are sold at £7.99 but they currently have a offer on for 1/3 off at Superdrug so it's only £5.32. I really do recommend trying this if you're looking for grey hair. 

Thanks for reading :) 
*This post is not sponsored*

Lipstickandmascaras 
Katie
Xoxo

14 comments:

  1. I love this trend, your hair looks so pretty! xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm in love with this shade at the moment X

      Katie

      Delete
  2. Katie, this is a wonderful review! We have so many people looking for the best beauty advice every day, why dont you try and share your posts on Shopnetic.com as well? ask me questions : lb@shopnetic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 54 and turning my blonde back to grey to grow it. Got my pack and having seen the results on others, will try today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I hope it worked out well for you :)

      Katie

      Delete
  4. This is a great review! I like how the color turned out for you and I hope you love it! (:

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow,definitely want to give this ago after reading this! Been wanting to turn my hair grey for ages! I tried the toner from this brand but it didn't do anything perhaps my hair is too brassy for it, boo :(
    www.littleprettyseptember.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works out for you if you decide to go for this colour, let me know if it does :) x

      Katie

      Delete
  6. Enter your comment...i need it katie where can i find it plz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie, i was wondering: a lot of people say their hair turned blue/greenish from this dye and that the dye fades pretty quickly. Did you experience any of these things?

    ReplyDelete