Saturday 7 March 2015

My Journey to Blonde Hair!

Hi guys, if you follow me on Twitter you will know that I've recently dyed my hair blonde. Eek. I actually had to bleach it a few times and I thought I would write a blog post about it all.


I'm a big lover of dying my hair different colours, I actually almost got excluded from school years ago because it was pink. Which was so unfair because another girl had pink hair and they let her off with it.

My obsession with dying my hair begun when I was about 13. It was the summer holidays and I was so sick of my natural hair colour ( it was blonde) so I went and bought a red hair dye. I can't remember the name of the hair dye but I'm sure the shops still stock it.

I've been pretty much every single colour since then. Recently I had blue hair and it faded out, it was a nice colour but it totally didn't suit me. This is when I decided to go back to blonde.

I had two high lift tints in the house so I used those first. It didn't lift one bit of colour from my hair. Probably. Evaluate blue is such a hard colour to remove and it needs bleaching out. 

This is the colour before bleaching. 


So the bleach I used was the Jerome Russell Bblonding Kit in Maximum Blonde. I paid £5.99 for the kit and it lightens up to 7 shades. 


All what you need to do is mix the Powder Bleach and the Creme Peroxide together until it's a smooth paste and apply, just don't get it on your skin as it burns. I left it on for a total of 90 minutes. 

It did get pretty much all the colour out but there was still hints of green in it so I got another Bblonde Kit but this time it was the Medium Lift one. 


2 hours later this is what it looked like


I did not use both these bleaches on the same day, I waited a few days inbetween but I do recommend waiting at least 4 weeks inbetween bleaches. 

I also put a toner on after this but I don't have any pictures of my hair afterwards. Now I am blonde but my hair is in awful condition. It will eventually get better  if I continue to use conditioning treatments. 

Have you ever bleached your hair? What was your experience like?

------
Thankyou so much for reading, follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin.

lipstickandmascaras
Katie
Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I bleached my hair with the same kits, and oh my did it kill my hair! I left it a few days inbetween the bleaching sessions and I regret doing it so badly now! I had most of my hair cut off so my boob length is now barely shoulder length and I put a brown dye over the top about 3 months later and now I am having to let all my natural hair grow out and its still so bad even though most of the blonde must have gone by now! Worse mistake with Jerome Russell! You must keep deep conditioning it, try and save your hair!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no. I don't want to have to cut my hair. I'll make sure to keep deep conditioning my hair x

      Delete