Friday 8 April 2016

Essence Long Lasting Lipstick Review

Essence seems to be another one of those drugstore brands everyone seems to love. It's affordable and good quality and that's what everyone likes, right?



I personally love drugstore products. I don't think I actually own one 'high end' product what isn't sample size from the front of a magazine. Some people only exclusively use drugstore products, like me. Where as others prefer 'the higher quality' makeup. 

As you can see by the title of the post I'm doing a review on the Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in the shade 13 - Love Me. You must know that prior to purchasing this lipstick that although I haven't tried any of their lipsticks but I do own several lipliners (which I've heard are a dupe for Urban Decay..) and some of their other makeup items. 

I'm all about the pink lipsticks, I feel like this is the only colour which suits me and my face. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of other colours which I will wear once in a while when I'm feeling adventurous but I mainly stick to nudes and pinks. Which is why I picked this shade of lipstick. Love Me is a perfect rosy pink verging on the slightly bright side. 


From a quick swatch in the shop and seeing the retail price at £2.30 I just knew I had to get it. The packaging is a sleek black matte with a ring of colour around the middle - the ring of colour lets you see what shade of lipstick it is. The a tualy lipstick itself has an 'E' stamped onto it which obviously stands for  Essence. 

Once applied the lipstick is very creamy and shiny. Like Essence says it is Long Lasting. I only needed to re apply once I had ate later that day but other than that it had stayed on for a good 3 hours. It's also smudge proof. 


After a quick search on their website I found out that they actually say NO to animal testing so that's great. If you're looking for more of a matte finish rather than a creamy finish then you could still purchase this and pop a little bit of translucent powder over the top (I've done this many times with other lipsticks) and that makes it matte and as a bonus it lasts even longer. 

Overall thoughts are I really do like this lipstick and I'm glad I picked this up as its became a staple in my makeup bag which is rare for me because I hardly ever add new products into it. 

--------------------------
What are your thoughts on Essence? 

Thanks for reading :)

*This post is not sponsored*

Lipstickandmascaras
Katie
Xoxo

10 comments:

  1. I don't really wear lipsticks very often but this one looks very good. I love the color too and Essence is one of my favorite makeup brands. :)
    Isabella x http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essence is such a good quality brand for the price X

      Katie

      Delete
  2. Perfect color! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow me and I'll follow your blog back ASAP!<3 http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Essence products and their lipsticks which you can read about here Essence lipstick haul and here My Essence haul . ♥
    You wouldn't expect much for that price but it's just amazing how long they last and how easy it is to apply them.

    xo Honey
    Royal Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their lipliners are my favourite, they last ages X

      Katie

      Delete
  4. What a pretty color! I always love brands that don't do animal testing :)

    COLLEENWELSCH.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, I've never really checked before buying makeup to see if it was cruelty free or not but I'm glad this one is as I'll be buying more X

      Katie

      Delete