Thursday 30 July 2015

Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin Review

Today I am going to be reviewing the Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin. I think I purchased this product around 4-5 months ago and I have used it ever since, bearing in mind I haven't used it everyday.






First I am going to mention the packaging, I'm not going to lie. I don't like the packaging, I don't hate it either though. It's a glass bottle, like most foundations which I don't mind. It's the lid I've had trouble with. After about 4-5 uses the lid completely broke and it won't stay on the bottle, which sucks. It also doesn't have a pump like foundations usually do and I feel like I can't control the amount of foundation what comes out of the bottle. 

Other than those two tiny problems, I absolutely love this foundation. It glides on the skin so smoothly. I would say that this is a medium coverage foundation but you can apply more layers and make it a high coverage foundation, which I often do if I want a more dramatic makeup look. 

Now, when I first got this I applied it the way I used to apply my foundation, with a dry regular foundation brush, this did not work at all. I couldn't blend it out at all and it clung to the dry patches on my face and looked awful. 

However the next time I used this I applied it using a damp beauty blender and it worked so much better for me, I now switch between my beauty blender and a stippling foundation brush and it's better. Remember, this is what worked for me, it may not work for everyone. 

It says on the back of the bottle it 'wears for up to 24 hours' I have not worn this for 24 hours but I've had it on for around 15 hours (All day) and it has lasted all that time with no touch ups. 

I defiantly recommend this foundation, I know I will be re purchasing this when I run out :)

Have you tried this? What is your opinion on it?

Thanks for reading :)

lipstickandmascaras
Lipstickbblog
Katie
Xoxo

Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored. 

8 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this! I bought the rimmel one by mistake. Lol. How is it on dry patches in general after the blending? I have an oily tzone but a few dry spots on my cheeks and forehead :-/

    Bex x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once blended you can't even tell I have dry patches, it doesn't sink into them like other foundations tend to do :)

      Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  2. this foundation looks great, its a shame about the packaging though xxx
    ohjustalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this foundation too! I agree, the bottle is a pain but I heard they will soon be relaunching it with a pump!

    http://makeupisdelish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this foundation and it lasts ages! I just wish it had a bit more of a glow to it as it can look quite flat, otherwise it's a really good dupe for Mac studio fix :) xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This foundation got patchy on me, as well, whether it was with a foundation brush or a stippling brush (though I didn't use a beauty blender).

    However, the worst part was that it oxidized on me (hello, orange face!). I'm glad this works out for you and many others, though - actually, I'm almost jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have two different formulas, one for normal skin and another for dry/sensitive :)
      X

      Katie

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried it, but I am looking for a good new foundation so I'll definitely consider buying this one :)
    thanks :)

    xo Honey
    Royal Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete