Monday 18 July 2016

L'oreal Pure Clay Glow Face Mask Review

Originally I did want to do a first impression on this new product until I realised it would be better if I did a full review. I'm not entirely sure on the release date but I think it only came out in stores a few weeks ago.



It took me a few days to find it, I went to four different stores until I finally found a small collection of them in a Boots store I don't usually travel to. It wasn't the fact that they had been sold out in previous stores, they just didn't have any stock of them yet. 

So when I went into store they had all three of them in stock. The Purity mask, the Detox mask and the Glow mask. I didn't have any idea which one to get and I gravitated towards the Detox one as I have been loving charcoal masks lately. So with the Detox one in hand I was heading towards the till when a lady who worked in the store stopped me. She asked which one I picked and if I needed any help. I simply told her I just picked up this one as I didn't really know which one to get. 

She asked if I did the 'Patch Test' and when I told her I didn't know what that was she guided me back over to the shelf and showed me a leaflet. The leaflet explained a little bit about the three different masks and they had several little papers attached. I don't quite know what they were but I pressed one to my forehead, cheek and chin to see which mask would suit my skin better. The results came out saying I had 'normal skin' which shocked me as I think I normally have combination skin. Bearing in mind I had makeup on (she said this didn't matter and the test would still work) and I was currently sweating through it as it was so hot in store. 


I did a little research and these are the first clay face masks L'oreal have made, if not their only face masks. The Glow face mask insists of three pure clays and they are combined with Red Algae extract. The three different clays are Koalin, Montmorillonite and Ghassoil.   The Glow mask is made to Brighten and Exfoliate dull skin. 

So as you can see the mask is a reddish brown colour and at first glance it looks like it would be smooth but when applying it does have beads in, which I'm guessing is for the exfoliating. It has a slight fragrance to it but nothing to over bearing. 

Once applied I did notice it tingling a little but it didn't hurt. I massaged it into my skin to exfoliate it a bit more and the. Left it to dry for 15 minutes. 

I did find it really messy to take off, it ended up everywhere but maybe that's just me making a mess as usual. 

I was so pleased with the results. I was not expecting my skin to feel that nice after the first use. It was so much softer. All my dry patches had reduced loads. I've probably used this 6 times since I bought it and I've definitely noticed a huge change. I don't have to wear as much foundation as I used to, in fact most days I don't even have to wear any as my skin looks soft and spot free. 

I hugely recommend trying this if you're looking for a new face mask. I'm so glad I did and I'm tempted to get the other two masks to see if they're the same. 

Let me know if you have this and what your thoughts are. 

Thanks for reading

------------------------------------

This post is not sponsored. 

Lipstickandmascaras
Katie
Xoxo

4 comments:

  1. This face mask looks so nice! i'm on the look out for a new one so I think I will check it out x
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! I never knew L'oreal made face masks and I'd really like to try all of these one day. Thanks for sharing!

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you've noticed a difference since using this. I really want to try these and thanks to your fabulous review, I will definitely add this to my 'to-buy' list!

    Lots of love from Mollie xxx - The Perks Of Mollie Quirk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely check these masks out, I'm using quite a lot of L'oreal products at the moment and always looking for products to improve my skin :)
    Naomi -x-

    beautymaderainbows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete