Saturday 11 June 2016

Hair Care Routine 2016

Ah it feels weird, my first post of the month not being a monthly favourites. The reason it isn't is because I only had two new favourites the month of May. I had it all wrote out and I was halfway through editing it when I realised I couldn't post it. There was no point.



So instead I decided to write this post, My Hair Care Routine. If you follow me on Twitter you may have noticed I recently had my hair cut. (My Twitter is Lipstickbblog) Now I'm going to go back a little bit and tell you a bit of history about my hair. 

When I was younger my hair was blonde with natural highlights in, it was wavy too. Then when I was about 12 I got it all chopped off, to about chin length. After that, when I was around 13/14 I started dying and bleaching it. In the past year I've been black & blonde about 4 times. Sometimes I bleached it 2 or 3 times a week. 

Last week I was combing through my hair when it all snapped out. I had handfuls of my hair in my hand. It was awful, I honestly felt like crying. Don't get me wrong, cutting it was the right thing to do but I hate short hair. Now before I went to the salon my hair hasn't grew in roughly two years as it keeps snapping so it was only to my shoulders anyway.  I left the hairdressers with a very short graduated bob. 

Now to get it to grow back and to keep it in perfect condition this is my new routine I've been following. 

I went looking all over google for which Shampoos and conditioners are the best for damage prone hair. Originally I wanted the L'oreal Extraordinay Oils Collection but my local boots didn't stock it. Instead I left with these. They are the Garnier Ultimate Blends 'The Strength Restorer'. They are both targeted specifically for Fragile hair prone to breakage. They smell so nice and I've noticed (for once) that the smell lingers on my hair and makes it smell lovely. I have noticed that they are a bit thinner in consistency than other shampoos and conditioners I've tried in the past. But that doesn't bother me. 


Once I've finished washing my hair and it's still damp I use some Styling Mousse. This one is by Vo5. Normally I only used to use a bit of heat protectant and blow dry it to death but now I apply this and leave my hair to air dry. 


Another product I use after the Mousse is Dove Intensive Repair Leave in Conditioning Spray. This is part of Dove's Damage Solutions Range, it can be used on damp hair or dry hair. I do it on both. 


Now the last product I use on my hair before I let it air dry is the Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Extra Penetrating Oil for Dry and Coarse Hair by OGX. Wow. That was a long name. This is supposed to help restore damaged and dry hair. I have had this bottle for ages now and it's true when they say a little goes a long way because I've barely used any!


These are the steps I use everytime I wash my hair and so far I have seen great results, my hair feels so much softer, it hadn't felt like this in years. I'm going to continue to use these and hopefully I'll see even better results. 

What is your hair care routine? I would love to know. 

Thanks for reading :)

*This post is not sponsored*

Lipstickandmascaras
Katie
Xoxo 

4 comments:

  1. I have very thin hair. Already a wide range of products I use to my hair becomes thick. But until now my hair is still thin. Is there a product that can be thick my hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for reading. There are a lot of shampoo's out in stores what are targeted for thin hair. I liked using the L'oreal thickening one. It was in a blue bottle x

      Katie

      Delete
  2. I think if you noticed that you have a lot of hair breakage or split ends go for amino acids and protein - it needs a bit more strength ! Try something like loreal prokeratin refill (shampoo or hair mask - I wrote about in my blog). Thanks for sharing your hair care routine :) xx

    Www.hairwonderfulday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, I'll have a look in stores for the L'oreal hair mask you mentioned X

      Katie

      Delete