Monday 6 April 2015

How I Clean My Makeup Brushes

Hey guys, if you follow a few blogs you will probably be sick of 'how I clean my makeup brushes' posts but I figured everyone does it their own way and I decided to show you my way.


First I fill my sink up with warm water and then 'dunk' my brush in the water to dampen it. The brush I'm cleaning today is my foundation brush. I find that my foundation sticks a lot to this brush so I need to wash it every few days. 


Now everyone uses different products on their brushes. Some use baby shampoo and others use proper brush cleaning shampoo. I use neither as I find that anything works. You obviously don't want to use anything that will harm your skin. Today I used this Simple Shower Gel. 


I simply apply a little bit to my hand and move my brush in a circular motion on my hand to get it all covered. You can see on this picture the amount of makeup what came off it straight away, it's pretty gross. 


I repeat this step until no more colour comes off the brush and it's clean. Then I get a paper towel and pat the brush dry so it's not soaking. After that I lay it on some more paper towel to soak up the water. 


Well that's how I wash my makeup brushes. Is there a certain way you wash yours? Let me know below. 

Thanks for reading :)

lipstickandmascaras
Katie
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment