Sunday 12 April 2015

Drugstore Starter Makeup Kit

Are you on of those people who has no idea how to apply their makeup? Are you just starting out? Then read this and see if you can get some tips.


When I first started out at makeup I looked awful. Looking back now I'm sure I looked ridiculous with my far to pale face and black eyeshadow. I wished I had someone to tell me that I looked horrendous. 

I mean I didn't even wear foundation or concealer. I thought using a pressed powder what was far to pale for me would work. It didn't. Then when I was going through my goth stage I would have full black eyeshadow on my eyes. Not a great look. Oh then there was the time I was obsessed with using a bright green eye crayon I got out of a Mizz magazine. I was devastated when it eventually ran out.

Enough about me, let's get started with this post. 


Foundation
For foundation you should pick one what works great with your skin. For example if you had dry skin you wouldn't use a foundation what is made for oily skin and vice versa. The foundation I am showing you today is a one I've liked for a while now. It is w7 photoshoot. It's a light formula and you can barely feel it on your skin, yet it gives you a lovely glow and satiny feel. I would say it's light coverage but you can add another layer to make it medium coverage. It's so inexpensive as well as it retails under £5. 


If you don't want to use a foundation but you still want something on your face then use a BB cream. BB creams are great if your after a really light coverage and if it's warm weather outside. The one I use is the Rimmel BB cream. It is a bit more expensive retailing at £7.99.


Concealer
Where do I even begin with concealer? It's honestly the holy grail of makeup. It conceals spots, under eye bags, redness. Everything. If you don't know what to look for then get a one what works well under your eyes as that's where you want to focus it at if you have under eye bags. This one is the Maybelline Instant Anti-age The Eraser Perfect and Conceal Concelear. That is a long name I know. The applicator makes it really easy to apply, but use your fingers to actually rub it in. This retails at around £8 but it is so worth it. 



Powder
The powder I love using is the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. I think lots of people use this as it's so soft and it doesn't show up the dry patches on your face (if you have any). 



Mascara
Have you seen those people who apply so much mascara that they look like they have spiders attached to their eyes? You do not want to go for that look. One, it looks horrible and two, when you go to take it off at night you will end up with clumps of mascara in your eyes. Not nice. Some people prefer the bigger applicator brushes but I think the smaller thinner ones are great for beginners.  The one I still use now is the Seventeen Falsifeye Hd Mascara.  The brush has teeny tiny bristles and it gets those eyelashes really close to the inner corner of the eye. I think it's around £6.50 in store to buy. 



Lips
Any lip product works on anyone. Although I really do not suit red, a lot of people find this colour hard to pull off. One of my favourite drugstore lipsticks is the Makeup Revolution Scandelous Lipstick in Crime. It's a lovely darkish pink shade. At only £1 you can't go wrong. 


If your more into lip glosses I recommend trying out this one from Essence cosmetics. It smells so nice and lasts ages on your lips. I think it was only around £2 as well. 


I hope you got a few tips out of this post and that you found it helpful :)

Thanks for reading :)

*disclaimer* this post is not sponsored. I bought everything mentioned myself with my own money. 

lipstickandmascaras
Katie
Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I nominated you to take park in the tag "Versatile Blogger Award" where you share 7 facts about yourself - more info is on my latest post!

    www.evies365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete