Sunday 14 December 2014

My Journey To Long Hair - Inversion Method

Hi guys.
Wow I feel like I haven't started a post of by saying hi in ages. I decided this post would be a bit of a chatty one.


Basically I want long hair. If you follow me and have read some of my older posts you would know I have been trying to grow it for ages now and it does seem to be growing a bit but not as much as I would like it too. 

So I decided to look up videos on YouTube to see if they would be any help.  There was several videos called 'The Inversion Method' and I watched a few. Let's just say I'm shocked by everyone's results.

Hair is supposed to grow 1/2 inch a month. This method has claimed to make your hair grow 1 inch in a week. Is it even possible? Apparently so.

Let me try and explain how to do this. I'm bad at explaining things so I apologize in advance. You are only supposed to do this for one week per month as apparently your scalp will grow used to it and stop working as much but I think I'll do it 2 weeks a month. E.g do one week then miss a week then do it again.

Okay, so all what you need to do is massage your scalp and invert yourself (place your head upside down) you can use natural oils.

The oils I use are Coconut Oil, Argan Oil and Caffeine Serum. Make sure the oil is warm if your going to do it so it can get into your roots more.

What I did was warm it in the microwave for a minute (I did it for a minute as the coconut oil needed to melt, you might need to do less time) then rubbed it into my scalp for 2 minutes. Then I sat on my bed and flipped my head upside down so I was facing the floor. Be very careful if you try this as it can make you dizzy. I stayed in this position for a further 2 minutes. Then once the two minutes were up I then stayed in the same position and massaged my scalp again for a minute.

Be careful getting back up as you can feel lightheaded. If you do feel light headed please stop and gently lift your head back up and do not do this again.

I went to sleep and washed it off the next day but you can wash it off after an hour. Just wash it off like you normally would wash your hair. 

I started this on Thursday and it is currently Sunday. I did not measure my hair before I started but I measured it on Friday and the length was 14 inches. I have a middle parting so it's easier for me to measure. I will measure it again on this Thursday and will report back. 

Please let me know if you have tried it and if it worked for you or not. 

Also I'm sorry if this is a bit jumbled. I'm currently in the middle of editing a post but I have a cold and I don't want to rush editing it and making a mess of it so I decided to post this one, hopefully it's okay haha.

Thanks for reading 😘
Lipstickandmascaras
Katie
Xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Great post! Thankyou so much for sending me in this direction (It's @sassbristow from twitter). This is so useful and informative! I'm definitely going to give this method a go :)
    Sass xxxx

    whatsasssays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. Let me know if you try it and if it works :)

      Delete
  2. Coconut oil is so good for hair growth, not just for stimulating the roots but also conditioning the ends so preventing it from snapping off :) good luck in your hair journey! I managed to finally grow mine long, the best advice I could give is stay away from dye and bleach, regular coconut oil treatments and cut back on washing your hair as it strips the moisture and natural oils :)

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll take your advice and stay away from hairdye :)

      Delete
  3. I struggled with growing out my hair for 3 years! In highschool it was SO long and then I cut it all off before going to college. I actually have a post in my first posts that explains everything I did to grow my hair out and before/after pictures! Oils are great for your hair! Heres the link- http://simplybethany.com/2014/06/25/fabulous-locks/
    Maybe it can help!

    simplybethany.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks. I'll go check out your post now :) x

      Delete